WE CAN’T STOP… watching & eating this matcha lemon meringue tart!
We love any chance we get to use a blowtorch — I mean, who doesn’t?!
RECIPE & INSTRUCTIONS
Matcha Shortbread Crust
- 1 1/2 cups (160g) almond flour
- 2 tbsp arrowroot flour
- 1 tbsp PerfectTed matcha powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 3 tbsp plant-based ghee
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Whisk dry and wet ingredients separately and then combine until dough has formed
2. Wrap and chill in the fridge for 15 minutes
3. Shape into tin and bake for 20 - 25 minutes at 325°F (165°C) until golden brown
Matcha Lemon Filling
- 1/4 cup paleo flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp PerfectTed matcha
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from about 3 lemons)
- 1/2 tbsp lemon zest
1. Whisk together the eggs, lemon juice, sugar, and lemon zest. Set aside.
2. Whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, and @perfect.ted matcha
3. Combine both mixtures and whisk
4. Pour over the finished shortbread crust and bake at 325°F (165°C) for 30-35 minutes, until the center is set.
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
1. Combine all ingredients in a double boiler and mix until mixture reaches 160°F (71°C)
2. Remove from heat and beat in a stand mixer for 8-10 minutes until light and fluffy